Best Cleaning 4U’s experts offer AC duct inspections, clean-outs, repairs, and sanitation of dryer vents, HVAC systems, and air ducts for homes, businesses, and offices.
Our NADCA-certified technicians will start by cleaning the grills of the HVAC dryer vent system, then move on to the main components of the system. Furthermore, we will thoroughly clean the coils, the blower fan, and the drain pan. As part of the dryer vent cleaning process, dust, fungus, dirt, bacteria, rodents, insects, as well as random organic or inorganic objects will be removed.
The most common dryer vent cleaning FAQs are outlined below, but if you have any questions or want to get a quote, please call (973)-922-0195!
Dryer Vent Cleaning FAQ
Is there anything I need to do prior to the technician’s arrival?
You should clear your washer and dryer and ensure no clothes are in the washing machine or dryer. It’s also helpful to clear the area, so our techs have unobstructed access to the dryer vent.
What are the signs that my dryer vent needs cleaning?
There are coupled of signs to look for:
- The drying time of clothes, especially heavy items such as towels and jeans, gets longer and longer.
- There is a noticeable increase in heat in the dryer itself. At the end of the cycle, the clothes are still damp and very hot.
- There seems to be little airflow in the vent. There is no way to open the outdoor flapper of the vent hood when the dryer is on.
- Lint is not found on the lint screen. A blockage has occurred in the exhaust system.
What makes dryer vent cleaning so important?
Dryer vent cleaning has numerous benefits, but most importance is:
- Poorly installed or dirty vents can cause serious fires. Dryers are associated with 15600 fires a year, according to the Consumer Product Safety Commission.
- Drying a load will take less time when you perform an annual cleaning. Your time and money will be saved.
- Clogged dryer vents can increase your drying cycle and cause your dryer to overheat. Lint, bird nests, and other debris can clog your dryer vents.
What is the recommended frequency of cleaning vents?
At least once a year, most dryer vents should be cleaned. In some cases, dryer vents should be cleaned more frequently. There are several reasons for this:
- The number of people using the dryer
- The dryer is more than ten years old
- You may have pets that shed hair
- You may have a long dryer vent and/or several turns in it
- You may need to install a dryer vent exit point on the roof or/and most of the vent is positioned vertically.
What is the average time it takes to clean vents?
An hour is usually sufficient to clean most residential dryer vents. When there is a lot of lint buildup or other obstructions, it can be more difficult to clean, which means more time-consuming.
What are the steps for cleaning a dryer vent?
The vacuum cleaning inserts are specifically engineered for dryer vent cleaning procedure. By spinning and rotating its brushes, lint, dust, and debris are loosen and vacuumed throughout the whole vent. Best Cleaning 4U uses modern, HEPA-filtered equipment so that the working environment is not contaminated.
Is it necessary to clean both: air ducts and dryer vents?
Shortly, yes! The most important aspects are:
Checking and cleaning air ducts and dryer vents on a regular basis is very important because exposing them to contaminants can cause health problems. Lint in the dryer vents is one of the most common causes of home fires.
In addition to clouds of dust on surfaces, if your air ducts and dryer are not cleaned, it can produce bacteria and mold that can cause illness and disease. Indoor air pollution is one of the most common health risks associated with the environment. You can be sure that air coming into a well-kept residence or building is a lot cleaner than that on the outside, which is beneficial to your respiratory system and to your overall health.
- Eliminating odors
Dust and debris are harmless until they are mixed with moisture and emit a foul smell. Ever wondered why some old houses and offices have a musty smell? The air ducts in most of these homes and offices haven’t been thoroughly cleaned. Clean your dryer vents and air ducts professionally for a fresh and pure smell in your home.
- HVAC efficiency increase
Dirty and clogged air ducts and dryer vents reduce HVAC efficiency, which will lead to higher utility bills. When your dryer vents and air ducts have gone a long time without being cleaned, it can lead to serious issues. The repairs will probably be very costly.
Do you provide other services aside from dryer vent cleaning Brooklyn?
Our technicians are fully licensed in HVAC and dryer repair, and we’ll go the extra mile to ensure your satisfaction. We can help you with more than just dryer vent cleaning. We can assist you with diagnosing and repairing your HVAC system and dryer appliances, installing or removing them, and much more.
Is a bird guard included in dryer vent cleaning?
It is not included, but, if necessary, one can be installed at an additional cost.
Cleaning the dryer vent is another task in the house that is commonly overlooked. Dryer vents. however, can accumulate lint over time, slowing drying, increasing wear and tear, and increasing energy costs. Our dryer vent cleaning Brooklyn service can improve the efficiency of your appliance, ensure it lasts longer, and enhance its performance. You can also save on repairs and new appliances in the future by utilizing our dryer vent cleaning service.
If you have any questions or want to get a quote for dryer vent cleaning Brooklyn, please call (973)-922-0195!